What is your role on this production?
– Responsible to oversee the artistic and dramatic aspects of the production and choosing the cast members, production design, and the creative aspects of show.
What is your background in theatre?
A few Walterdale Productions: Stage Manager – Misanthrope, Proof; Choreographer: CHESS: The Musical
Straight Edge Theatre: Co-Founder
What about this show intrigues you?
– The passion, the energy, the characters relationship and, the text.
– I love art, in all forms and mediums. This show brings with it some beautiful creative challenges. Those challenges inspired me as an Artist/Director to create this world.
What is the most challenging thing about working on this show?
– Speaking of challenges… one of the technical challenges has been blocking the painting scene. There are lots of factors to that moment. The diligence, the technique, the timing, and the synchronization of the movement. There is a lot happening, and quickly. Lots of layers to consider.
– Another great challenge is the text/ dialogue itself. These words are heavy and intellectual and difficult. How do you take 40 pages of talking and make it interesting and engaging? It was a daunting task at first, but I was in love with the language and the relationship of the characters. Confession: The first time I read it (years ago) I used dictionary.com several times.
Art plays a big role in this show. Who is your favorite artist and why? Favorite painting/sculpture? Do you have a picture?
– I have a few local Artists whose work I deeply admire: Mitchell Chalifoux and Kristina Shave. Admittedly Ken and I are of one mind. I adore Jackson Pollock’s work. I have a soft spot in my heart for Monet and Van Gogh as well.